Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Adventures in Nagpur


 Yesterday me, Felix and my host brother, Praveen went to "Crazy Castle water park". It was a blast, although Felix is now as red as a lobster. So besides the lack of intelligence to put sunscreen on, we had a really fun time. For some reason 90 degree, humid weather isn't hot enough for Indians so we had the entire park to ourselves :)  The rules about safety in India are a lot less than in America. That's one thing I learned at the water park :D
Today was my first day of school. It was very, very confusing! The classroom looks like a classroom from the old movies... My first class was Physics. It was... interesting. The teacher completely ignored me and the other exchange students. And I can't really understand when she is speaking English and when she is speaking Hindi! Oh well.
After school Felix, Donald, Zevi and I went to our Katak and Tabla classes. On our way to our hindi class, we all climbed into one rickshaw. That was a bad idea! Zevi and Felix were sitting on the outside with their feet towards us, halfway out the vehicle. Oh and did I mention it was raining really hard? After we told the driver where to take us, he ended up taking us to some random mall. We gave up and decided to go shopping instead, after searching for the temple (where our hindi class is). But I WILL say that I successfully got home in a rickshaw. I guess my Hindi isn't that bad. And he only charged us 30 rupees! That's less than a dollar!


Alright time for me to go to sleep.
By the way please feel free to comment on my posts. It's nice to hear feed back.
Namaste,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment