Sunday, July 31, 2011

When in India, do as the Indians do

Hey guys! Wow! Sorry this took me so long. The blog website wouldn't let me post. 
I think I will just tell you what I have been up to. 
On Monday I met 3 of the other exchange students in my city. Donald- from Germany Zevi- from America and Felix- from Germany. They are all very nice!! We signed up for tabla and katak- drums and a form of Indian dance. We have these classes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday as well as Hindi lessons afterward. Some things that I have noticed about Indian culture:
1. They are very straight- forward. If they think something about someone they will tell you. It has been a little surprising to me.
2. Burping is accepted as completely normal and no one seems to notice when anyone does it :O 
3. Cows know they are holy!! They saunter down the middle of the street as if there weren't people honking at them and yelling. Although I guess they do eat the garbage... so we have to be somewhat thankful to them :)
4. You WILL be fed wherever you go. Even if you refuse 100 times.
I have only been here for one week and I already feel like I have been here for a month. I have learned so much already. 
I posted some of my pictures on Facebook if you want to see them! Otherwise I will try to figure out how to get them on my blog soon :)
All the best!!!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment