Sunday, July 3, 2011

18 more days....

I realize I haven't written anything for awhile, but I am going to catch you up! I am leaving on July 21st, but still waiting for my visa. I take a plane from Portland to Seattle, to New Jersey and then to INDIA! I have already packed and unpacked my suitcase, so you can tell I'm pretty anxious :D
My host family seems wonderful. They are Sindhi, so I will be able to go to temple and be vegetarian! My mom is a housewife, so it will be nice to have her around and my dad owns two rice and wheat factories. I have two brothers, one of which who is my age, will leave on exchange for Wisconsin in the end of August. My other brother will be starting his first year of university, so he will be living at home.
I am signed up for swim team, my brothers are going to teach me cricket and my grandfather is going to teach me yoga!!! Let me leave already :)))
I will be sure to write more often and especially before I leave.
Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, I bet you are at the "can hardly wait stage"!! I'll be thinking of you and praying for safe travels, and all the wonderful serendipity that goes into this experience you're about to have. It will be neat to follow your blog!!

    Yes, a post-trip sleepover would be a kick. Remember the time you pretended your doll had the chicken pox and we had to give her a baking soda bath at about 2:15 AM!!!

    Lots of love and good thoughts, Jill

    ReplyDelete