Monday, April 23, 2012

Update

I finally got in touch with an orphanage! It is ten minutes from my house, so every day I teach English for one to two hours. There are around thirty kids from ages five to seventeen and they surprise me every day with how much they want to learn. They are always enthusiastic about anything we do. They don't know very much English so I speak in Hindi and English. Sometimes it is very difficult to communicate, but somehow they always understand. They make me appreciate so much more the one month that I have left. 
I am visiting one of the other students in Nasik for a week. It is a city twelve hours away from Nagpur by train. The city is smaller, but is steadily growing. It is also very nice to have a break from the extreme heat in Nagpur! We are spending time visiting the holy river that runs through Nasik, enjoying fresh mangoes, studying Hindi and of course, taking in India. 
I will post the rest of my North tour journals when I get back.
Namaste,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment