Monday, March 19, 2012

Coming home from the North Tour made me realize many things. When I walked into my room, my nose flooded with the familiar smells of India. I was immediately reminded of the first time I stepped into my room. It seems like so long ago. I remember being so uncertain of what to do and say. But most of all, I realized that I have a home in India. The second I walked into the house after 26 days, I felt relieved to be back.
    I know I am going to miss India. She has done so much for me. I have learned life lessons this year that only India could have taught me. And for that I am forever grateful.
    I only have a little longer than 2 months left. On June 10th I will be getting on a plane and saying goodbye to my loving host family and this amazing country. Until then I have every intention to make the most of my stay here.
    If there is one thing I know for sure, I will be leaving not only a part of my old self in India, but also half of my heart. That is the only thing I can give her for how much she has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment